Sewing

Friday, July 20, 2012

Favorite thing Friday- Ruffle Foot

This week I've been really putting my ruffle foot to the test. Together we just turned 16 yards of t-shirt knit fabrics into 7 1/2 yards of fun and funky ruffles. I cannot tell you how great a ruffle foot is to have if you make a lot of girls' clothing. It really gives professional looking results. Instead of pulling thread to gather fabric, I just set the foot to make the appropriate size pleat and run it through the machine. In just a couple of minutes I have awesome ruffles. This is especially great when I need to make a long length.

I purchased mine at my favorite sewing shop, Kelley's Pins and Needles, in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. They give a discount on any accessories purchased with a machine, and I picked up the ruffle foot the same time as my new Janome sewing machine. They both really make sewing enjoyable. If you stop by and see Kelley, tell her Kate sent you.

Happy Sewing!





No comments: