Sewing

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The cross

During morning playtime Teddy was nailed to the cross, he died and laid limp in TwinS's arms and then he was placed in the tomb, after she got him out of the tomb she used her new doctor set (which consists of a stethoscope, bandaid, and thermometer) to make him feel better. About 10 minutes later her was feeling better.

I know all of this, because she explained it to me, including all those details. For a second, while she was nailing him to the cross (AKA the wall) I thought about stopping her, but decided she was really just trying to process and grasp this new information about death and The Blood of Jesus. The girls have asked me about it daily since bible school a couple of weeks ago.

This morning at breakfast TwinA told me that there were 2 others crosses beside Jesus. She learned that last night during bedtime bible reading with daddy.
I've got to admit, I've wondered how much a 3 year old actually gets from bible school, but I guess now I know- my girls took away at least 1 piece of knowledge- the most important piece. Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins and if we believe in Him and ask Him to become our Savior, we will go to heaven when we die to be with Him. I'm sure they haven't grasped that information, but they're trying to work out.

I want to thank all the people who worked hard for a week or more to teach my girls and all the other children at Evergreen Baptist Church.

Oh, by the way, teddy has also switched to cloth diapers. Don't you just love his hedgehog one?

 

No comments: