Sewing

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bubble shorts

I recently finished up 2 pair of bubble shorts for the girls. They are both happy with them, Whew... That doesn't happen very often anymore now that Cinderella is a fashionista. The pink keeps Cinderella happy and the blue lady bugs please Snow White. I used the McCall's M6059 Pattern. I briefly read over the directions and sewed them up the way I always make shorts. The only change was to gather the bottom hem, sew the band's short ends together, adjust the gathers to fit the band, sew the band and ruffled hem right sides together, and then flip the band to the back, turning under the raw edge. I did notice that the directions wanted me to hand sew this back side, but I used the machine to stitch through all the layers, catching the raw edges in between, and they turned out great!

M6059


I would warn you though, that like all McCall's and Simplicity patterns they run about 2 sizes bigger than you think. I made a 3 and a 4 and they fit like 5 and 6. They are still a little big for now, but should fit perfectly next summer.

Happy sewing!

What have you been sewing lately? I'd love some new inspiration.

 

No comments: