Sewing

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mama's Monkeys

While I write this, my 3 monkeys are asleep in the back seat :)

of my husbands truck because my mommy van is dead on my carport :(

but hey, it could worse, 2 years ago I had no carport and dreamed of the day I could get the groceries in the house on a rainy day without taking a shower outside.

These are the newest outfits I've made, and I am just in love with the Moda sock monkeys! Notice I bought the same print in flannel this week too. I'm putting together a pattern for turning a tank top into a dress like this. It's very easy and quick to do. It uses elastic to get a nice fit around the chest and still let's it be super comfy for playing or dressing up with bows, flowers, sashes, or whatever else you come up with.

I'm glad I got these pics when we I did because soon after, the girls were making these works of art at a friends super fun "half birthday" party. The snap-on flowers worked great because I could snap them off and they didn't get too painty.

I thought the half-birthday was a neat idea for kids whose real birthdays are in the dead of winter and can't play outdoors.

Have you ever done a party like this?

No comments: