Sewing

Friday, July 6, 2012

Clean Stove?

After reading this easy way to clean your glass top stove on pintrest (find it HERE at Behind the Studio), I gave it a shot the other day while waiting for my zucchini bread to bake. I wiped off all the extra bits on top (cleaning stove tops are not my passion ~ sewing is~ so there was plenty to wipe away), then I sprinkled on the baking soda, and topped it with the dish towel that had been soaking in hot soapy water, I let it sit for 15 minutes and then wiped all the baking soda away. Well, it didn't look much better to me ( the original pinner said there wasn't any scrubbing involved but it looked like I sure had to push my sleeves up) so a few minutes later my stove was mostly clean. A little cooked on residue remained on the eye I use the most. Honestly, it worked okay but I could have done just as well with windex. It looks like the razor blade and special cleaner are a must for me, a mama who probably doesn't clean her stovetop often enough.

The dish towel with all the baking soda worked great for scrubbing down my counter tops though, as long as you don't mind rinsing the film away afterwards!

 

No comments: