Sewing

Friday, July 27, 2012

Favorite Thing Friday - KAM Snaps

KAM Snaps and snap pliers are a relatively new tool for me. I just love them though. I can't believe I've been sewing and crafting this long without them!

They are easy peasy to do. I borrowed by sister-in-laws metal snap pliers before I bought my KAM Snap pliers and it was a bit confusing. I had to read the directions each time I went to put on a snap to make sure I had it right, but with KAM snaps it isn't confusing at all. Really simple actually.

 

All you do is poke a hole in each side of the fabric using the auger tool.

Poke the backside of the snap through this hole.

Put the inside portion of the snap over the pokey part sticking through the hole.

Put the pliers over the top and bottom.

Apply firm pressure with the pliers.

You're done.

Do the same for the other side, using the other inside piece.

They look so professional and the color selection is great!

Cost is very reasonable.

I use them on bibs, bags, paci holders, diapers, and to add accessories to clothes?


If you try them I'm sure you'll list them as a favorite too.

 

No comments: