Sewing

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fabric sale @ Kelly's

Woohoo! Kelly's Pins and Needles in Hattiesburg, MS is having a sale. I get so excited every time they announce a sale because all of their fabric is beautiful and great quality. They are my favorite sewing and quilting store to visit because the workers and owner Kelly are super friendly and call you by name. Today through Saturday they have 50% off all their flannel. They have the cutest flannel too. I just took all the girls and baby boy in the store (crazy I know, but my sister- in- law met me there, so we helped each other out) and let the girls choose some flannel for comfy pjs or whatever else we decide to make out of it. Twin A chose tiny dots in sweet colors and Twin S chose bright rainbows and other girly shapes on a blue background (Riley Blake's Feeling Groovy). For baby boy I got some silly sock monkeys and the coordinating banana print (5 Funky Monkeys by Erin Michael for Moda), and little niece got some pink polka dots for a rag quilt her mom is making her.

I just sort of go into fabricaholic mode when designer fabric goes on sale for half off! Remind me to show you my fabric stash, if I can find it all. I also picked up a few spools of my favorite thread, Mettler Metrosene, they had marked down for $1.25! And I couldn't resist the new growth chart panel "Mischief" designed by Nancy Halvorsen for Bernatex. So maybe by the time baby boy can stand up to be measured, he will have a beautiful fabric growth chart sewn by his mother.

All in all it was a fun time, with only 1 rack of thread rearranged by someone who shall remain nameless. I got a punch on my customer card and we all left smiling! :)

 

No comments: