Sewing

Friday, August 10, 2012

Croutons

For lunch yesterday I made some of these yummy croutons to top my Caesar salad. They are really easy and taste fantastic!

Get the recipe HERE from Savory Sweet Life. I leave out the salt, because the garlic powder gives enough flavor for me. They tasted a bit strong with the salt added. In the above photo there is 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of parsley, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.

Throw in the cubed bread. I've used white bread, wheat bread, with, or without crusts and they're all good.

They're really yummy to snack on when they're half cooked- a little crunchy on the outside but still chewy on the inside.

 

Hello lunch.

I've made these a few times and only burnt them once so far, which is more than I can say for the fried okra I made the children for lunch.

 

No comments: