Sewing

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fall Pattern


Here's a new pattern I've been working on for fall and winter. I'm still tweaking it, and my sick models haven't tried it on yet to get that final fitting, but I'm getting close to putting together my first complete pattern. Over the last few years I've made up several dresses, but never actually tried to put them together in a pattern tutorial, so I'm taking a stab at it.

It will have long sleeves or a three-quarter length sleeve option and the skirt can be one piece or 3 tiers in a jersey knit fabric or quilting cotton print.

The grey on this sample is pretty dreary, but I was saving my fun pink jersey knit for a sure-thing. So now I'm ready to sew up the next dress with this pattern, if only my sewing list wasn't always so long.

No comments: